SeedFi is a fintech startup building a new generation of financial products for underserved Americans. Our customers are the most vulnerable members of society, and our products have a tangible effect on their financial health.
Many of the products we're building don't have any existing analogues in the market, so we're looking for engineers with an entrepreneurial bent. Our team experiments frequently, iterates quickly, and we use both data and customer feedback to measure our success.
We've purposefully kept a low profile, so we'll tell you much more about our products during the interview process!
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Generous equity
- Unlimited vacation
- Medical, vision and dental benefits
We’re looking for a Compliance Manager to help manage and implement SeedFi’s compliance program. The Compliance Manager, in coordination with the Head of Legal and Compliance, assists SeedFi’s Business Development, Operations, and Product teams to ensure that, as SeedFi grows its products, services, and partnerships, it remains compliant with relevant consumer and banking laws and regulations and develops and maintains policies and procedures that are consistent with industry best practices. The Compliance Manager also manages the compliance component of the relationship with SeedFi’s bank partners and has a key role in managing compliance risks in other partnerships.
Who you are
- At least six years of professional experience in compliance or law, with a financial institution, law or consulting firm, or regulatory agency.
- Experience in the design and implementation of compliance programs.
- Knowledge of a substantial subset of consumer and banking regulations related to credit products and deposit accounts (Privacy – GLBA/CCPA, TILA, ECOA, EFTA, TCPA, TISA, UDAAP, FCRA, BSA-AML-KYC, FDCPA) and relevant state regulations.
- Experience managing compliance aspects of complex relationship with financial services partner, preferably a lending/deposit account partnership with a bank.
- Ability to exercise project leadership and build and revise procedures and practices in a rapid-growth environment.
- Strong analytical and writing skills, attention to detail, and the ability to creatively identify solutions to emergent challenges.
- Ability to communicate quickly and accurately orally and in writing.
- Ability to take ownership of projects, manage competing priorities, and maintain collegiality and (appropriate) humor in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
What you'll do
- Manage relationships with third-party bank partners to ensure compliance with state and federal consumer protection and banking regulations, internal policies, and contractual expectations.
- Manage compliance risk management processes and controls, including monitoring, testing, auditing, and corrective action processes.
- Provide compliance guidance and oversight on products and services, new initiatives, resolution of customer complaints, and emerging compliance issues.
- Assist product team to ensure that new lending and other banking products and initiatives are developed in a compliant manner.
- Help draft and review approve consumer marketing materials, customer-facing FAQs and related content, and customer communications for products and services provided or serviced by SeedFi and issued by SeedFi or its third-party partners.
- Develop and ensure the implementation of internal policies and procedures.
- Help develop, revise, and implement training materials for employees, customer support centers, and other third parties.
- Assist in state licensing processes for legacy and new products and services.
- Help respond to potential regulatory examinations and inquiries.
- Monitor for and help business update compliance practices in response to regulatory changes and development of industry best practices.
- Partner with internal legal counsel to build SeedFi’s Legal and Compliance team.
- Consult with internal and external legal counsel and compliance consultants to address potential compliance issues.